Conference calls are a great way for people to connect and work together, even when they’re not in the same place. But just like in real life, there are some things you should do and some etiquette things you don’t do during a conference call.
Conference Call Etiquette Tips
Conference Call Dos:
- Be on time: Just like in real life, it’s not nice to be late for a meeting. Make sure you’re ready to join or start your conference call on time.
- Introduce yourself: If you’re on a conference call with people you haven’t met before, it’s a good idea to say who you are and where you’re from.
- Speak clearly: Make sure people can understand you when you talk. Speak slowly and clearly.
- Listen: It’s important to pay attention to what other people are saying. It’s also important to not talk over other people.
- Mute your microphone when not speaking: If you’re in a noisy place it’s a good idea to mute your microphone so that people can’t hear the noise.
Conference Call Don’ts:
- Interrupt: Don’t talk over other people. It’s not nice and it’s not polite.
- Eat or drink: It’s not polite to eat or drink while you’re on a call.
- Use type on your computer or make noise while you’re on the call. It’s not polite and it’s not professional.
- Distract yourself: Don’t do anything else while you’re on the call. It’s not good to be on a call if you’re not paying attention.
- Be rude: Be nice to everyone on the call. Don’t be rude or mean to anyone.
With these tips, you’ll be able to have great conference calls.